Wyoming Professional Teaching Standards Board
1920 Thomes Ave
Cheyenne WY 82002
Phone: (800) 675-6893 or (307) 777-6261
Fax: (307) 777-8718
Wyoming Department of Education: http://ptsb.state.wy.us/
Teacher Licensure Needed: Yes
Master’s Degree Needed: No
Praxis II Library Media Content Test Needed: No, but may be accepted as an “Alternate Route Endorsement Area” for Instructional Support Personnel with a qualifying score of 152.
Other Testing Needed: K-6 elementary license candidates need to take the Praxis II (0011) exam and secondary candidates need to take the Praxis II, Principles of Learning and Teaching exam.
Description: Library Media is an additional endorsement to a regular teacher’s license which requires 21 hours in school library media coursework. For the endorsement in Library Media, the candidate must have completed 3 years of teaching during the last six years.
Evaluation Process for Licensure
Criteria for eligible individuals:
- Request transcripts from colleges and universities where coursework was completed.
- Complete the identification information on the fingerprint cards and contact a local police or sheriff’s department for fingerprinting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the U.S. Constitution and the Wyoming Constitution either through coursework or an exam.
Note: Library Media may NOT be added via Demonstration of Competency
Reciprocity: Wyoming participates in state-to-state reciprocity; however, reciprocity implies an “equal exchange.” Therefore, the requirements an applicant met to obtain his or her out-of-state teaching license must be equivalent to Wyoming requirements.
Wyoming generally recognizes all out-of-state teaching licenses IF the standards the applicant met in his or her state are equivalent to Wyoming licensing standards. Equivalent standards include:
• Completion of a regionally or nationally accredited teacher education program
• Supervised student teaching
• Passing the required test(s) for the state in which you hold a teaching license
• Added endorsements are recognized in the same manner as described above. Complete details can be found through the National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification (NASDTEC) Interstate Agreement. This can be found at http://www.nasdtec.net/?InterstateAgreements.