Minnesota Department of Education
1500 Highway 36 West
Roseville, MN 55113-4266
Minnesota Department of Education: http://education.state.mn.us/
Teacher Licensure Needed: Yes
Master’s Degree Needed: No
Other Testing Needed: Yes, Minnesota requires Minnesota Teaching Licensure Examinations MTLE for Library Media with a passing score of 240.
Description: Minnesota offers a teaching certificate or an endorsement in library media.
Evaluation Process for Licensure
- The criteria for eligible individuals are:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from a college or university that is regionally accredited.
- Demonstrate the Minnesota Standards for Effective Practice for licensing of beginning teachers.
- Demonstrate the Minnesota Standards for Effective Library Media Practice.
- Show verification of completing an approved Minnesota Board of Teaching preparation program leading to the licensure of library media specialist.
- Human Relations Course
Reciprocity: Minnesota does not practice reciprocity with all states. However, Minnesota has reciprocity arrangements with Iowa, Nebraska, Ohio, South Dakota and Wisconsin, in accepting human relations programs for licensure purposes. In addition, a human relations program completed in another state will be accepted if it was taken as part of a recent teacher education program and is comparable to Minnesota requirements. Peace Corps and Teacher Corps experiences meet the Minnesota human relations requirements when documented.